The Alabama Association of College and University Business Officers was established to:
- Foster, develop, and promote improved principles and efficient practices in the business and financial management of colleges and universities in Alabama.
- Work with state officials (ACHE, Governor’s Office, Legislative Fiscal Officer, etc.) in developing more meaningful reporting requirements.
- Afford an opportunity for better acquaintance and closer personal and professional relationships among college and university business officers.
- Promote professional standards and ethical conduct among its members in the administration of their duties and their responsibilities.
- Provide support and strength to the programs and objectives of SACUBO and NACUBO.
- Provide a mechanism for the interchange of ideas and systems between the colleges and universities located in Alabama.
- Assist in obtaining manpower and participants for sponsored programs of interest and benefit to its members.
- Disseminate such pertinent information to its members as will be beneficial to them.